The purpose of the E-Free worship team ministry is to create worship experiences that clearly proclaim God’s word and provide His people with a means to authentically worship God in a manner that glorifies and pleases Him. As those charged with leading worship, we will provide a visual inspiration to worship, pointing the Body of Christ to Him who alone is worthy of all glory, honor and praise. To this end, we will strive to identify those gifted in this area of ministry and help them to fully develop their creative and technical gifts and a deep and abiding relationship with Christ.
All throughout scripture we are told, not asked, to use all of our beings to unashamedly worship the Lord.
“Ascribe to the Lord, O sons of the mighty, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due to His name; Worship the Lord in holy array.”
– Psalm 29:1;2
“Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to the Him
with psalms. Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord
our God our Maker.”
– Psalm 95:1;2;6
Jesus said, “…the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit and His worshipers
must worship in spirit and in truth.”
– John 4:23-24
Our prayer is that the worship team, as “lead worshipers”, will draw people into the presence of the Living God. It is our desire that the focus will be on Jesus, “the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2), and that team members will “disappear” so Jesus is seen, and all who witness will be drawn to Him. Our mission is to impact our church body, the Marshalltown area, and the world for Christ through worship music.
We are looking for the following qualifications in worship team members:
- Believer – based on faith in Jesus Christ alone, through His death on the cross, as the source of our salvation.
Committed Attender – Regular attender of EFC of Marshalltown worship services.
- Spiritual Maturity – Hebrews 5:11-6:2 teaches that a believer is becoming mature when they are able to use the Word to discern between good and evil. This maturity is the foundation by which we are able to lead and teach others. Matthew 7:16-20 states “You will know them by their fruits” spiritual maturity should be evident by obedience to the Word of God in our actions as well as the ability to discern ones own spiritual gifts and use them for the building up of the church body.
- Spiritual Growth – In addition to spiritual maturity, a commitment to continued growth in your walk with the Lord through studying the Bible and an active prayer life, resulting in growth in Christ likeness, should characterize a worship leader.
- Calling – You can sense God’s calling to this ministry. Also, that you receive confirmation and encouragement from church leaders, family and others.
- Musical Gifts – While we are all given various gifts and to varying degrees, there should be some level of musical giftedness present. The ability to learn music quickly, stay on key, as well as harmonize and blend with your team is a valuable asset.
- Commitment – You must be willing to invest yourself in becoming part of the team. This will involve building relationships and fellowshipping with other team members, honing vocal and/or instrumental skills, and preparing both spiritually and mentally for rehearsals and worship services.
Keeping the above qualifications in mind we welcome new members on an ongoing basis to this ministry as God lays it on their hearts. There are many opportunities to serve in this ministry both as musicians and technicians. Current areas of need include: sound tech, powerpoint tech, drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals.